Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

difference betwn tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

p_shinde

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
what is the difference betwn Virtuoso layout Editor and Virtuoso XL, as the features of both the tools are same:idea:

thanks,
Prasad

Virtouso XL has the same functions of virtuoso layout editor PLUS u can make it generate all the schematic elements into a lyout view and it connects virtual nets between connected nodes, u can use it in matching and there are many other functions.

hmm schmatic elements directly to mask layout????????? no need to draw it manually? so it would be like place and route with standard cells, if i am rgt.

thanks,
Prasad

p_shinde said:
hmm schmatic elements directly to mask layout????????? no need to draw it manually? so it would be like place and route with standard cells, if i am rgt.

thanks,
Prasad
Not exactly. Maybe what you are describing can be performed with additional tools/effort. XL holds information between the schematic and the layout. So insted of opening again the library and select the layout view of a cell that you have used in the schematic and configure its properties you can select this component in the schematic and place it in the layout with exactly the same properties. Also you can see in the layout the connections that you must do based in the connections that you provided in the chematic.

You need a special license for Virtuso XL where layout is done automatically.

i think that is main difference between those two

Regards
Shankar
Tallika

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back