Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Difference Between virtual com port and USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

chandu.kurapati

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi every one,
presently i am working on USB virtual com port, my question is when i am working with UART, i have write some application and print the logs in the terminal with 115200 kb baud rate, and with VCP also iam selecting the same baud rate to print the logs in the terminal.

UART is much simpler implementation compared to the VCP and end application is almost similar but some one said that VCP has more advantages compared to the UART.

I didn,t understand this concept till now, please explain me what are the differences between UART and VCP.

Thanks & Regards,

Chandu.Kurapati.

VCP is virtual com port as u told. But this is com port virtually and implemented in USB. USB software written for working as COM port. and ur end user like software or hyper terminal it gets com port.
AS VCP is good bcoz now a days every pc have usb easily available and USB is fast way of transmission.

Status
Not open for further replies.