Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Difference between the Force and Sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

PE-APG

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi to All,

I'am a newbie in a semiconductor industry, please anyone can explain to me what are the difference between the force and sense that i'am seeing in the test boards and contactors, are they 2 different lines and can't be shorted especially in the Vcc pins?

Thank you in advance!!

which test board is it, generally force is an input to a system and
sense(output) is the terminal to measure the change created by the force

some systems define it reversely
for example a potentiometry system the force is the voltage
and the current driven by it is what we have to sense.

Force/sense is usually used where you need to deliver significant current at accurate voltage, and the voltage loss in the power conductors may be a problem. The Force connections may the larger and deliver the load current. The Sense connections may be smaller and relay the voltage as seen at the load, and after the loss in the wiring, back to the regulator. Force carries power. Sense carries information. The Force and Sense connections should only be connected together at the load. But often there is a protection diode at the supply from force to sense in case a Sense connection breaks, to prevent the supply from going to max voltage trying in vain to get feedback from Sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back