Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

difference between spiral inductors with ground plane and that without?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m.n.h

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi

can any one explain what is the difference between spiral inductors with ground plane and that without? (hint: i DONT mean that ground plane is patterned ground shield)

Any object close to a spiral inductor will affect it. If the object is conductive, the inductor field will generate eddy currents in it. A good conductor will change the inductance value, a poor conductor will affect its resistance.

Any object close to a spiral inductor will affect it. If the object is conductive, the inductor field will generate eddy currents in it. A good conductor will change the inductance value, a poor conductor will affect its resistance.

So then i can use it with or without ground plane??

So then i can use it with or without ground plane??

Adding a solid ground plane underneath the inductor will have very negative effect on the performance of the inductor (inductance and Q factor).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back