Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Difference between sine wave and PWM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverickmax

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I need to know what is the difference between sine wave and PWM when using a microcontroller for driving inverter section with IGBT.

What I understood is that microcontroller can be used to look up the table for sine wave.

Im sure that some of microcontrollers have PWM generator which need to be configured...

One more thing...should I use simple lowpass filter (Resistor and capacitor) to remove high frequency content?

By the way is it possible to control PWM in the range between 2kHz to 10kHz by adjusting the knob?

Maverick Max

pwm filtered sinewave

hi
there are many methods of PWM , one of them is sinosuidal PWM
that uses a sine wave to be compared with triangular signal to produce the
PWM wave required .
regarding the use of microcontrollere pic 16F877a
has such capapilities

best regards

pwm sine wave capacitor

Ok

Which method is the best in term of cost-effective, less time consumation, reliable?

Maverick Max

sine wave pwm table

A small help about motor control can you found here:
**broken link removed**
it's informative to read.

Gomez

pwm vs sine wave

PIC16877,76,74,73 have embeded powerful PWM generator.
You may get use of them

pwm frequency content

Hi

I need to know what is the difference between sine wave and PWM when using a microcontroller for driving inverter section with IGBT.

What I understood is that microcontroller can be used to look up the table for sine wave.

Im sure that some of microcontrollers have PWM generator which need to be configured...

One more thing...should I use simple lowpass filter (Resistor and capacitor) to remove high frequency content?

By the way is it possible to control PWM in the range between 2kHz to 10kHz by adjusting the knob?

If you mean diffrence of Sinusoidal PWM and PWM :
SPWM is the PWM which its pulse widths change according to sine wave value.
Yes you can use RC lowpass filter wherever output frequency is much lower than PWM frequency.
Yes if you use some microcontroller such as 16F877 which have ADC and PWM,
you can use potentiometer connect to ADC input and generate PWM,
but its maximum frequency depend on clock frequency of microcontroller.

Regards
Davood

ups pwm v/s sine wave

If you don't use feedback ,It is very easy .You design the sintable from exel .Examle :Use function ROUND(1024*SIN((2*3.14159*($C1))/400),0) for 400point per cycle .If you have feedback ,It is hard with some control such as PID,Fuzzy...

Status
Not open for further replies.