Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Difference between PIC 16f628 and PIC 16c628 programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinman

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,

I found this programmer for the pic 16c628 can i program
16f628 chips with that one? or aren't these chips compatible?
And what exactly is the big difference between these two?

thnx in advance,

TINUZ

16c628

I never heard of a pic 16c628.

I have been useing 16ce621 and 16ce622 which are OTP (one time programmable) devices but since the 16F628 is available they are obsolete as the 16F628 can do everything they could do ...

The 16F628 should be programmable with every programmer that can program a 16F84 for example ...

best regards

pic jdm 16f628

If lvp mode don't used, rb4 must be grouded.

serial programmer for 16f628

Byron Jeff's Trivial HVP Programmer: **broken link removed**
Trivial 16F87X/16f62X LVP programmer: **broken link removed**

pic16f628 programmer circuit

Thnx for the LVP programmer info

I did build the programmer but what is the best
software to use with this programmer?
FPP just shuts down with this programmer...
Any suggestions? (i use windows).

pic16f628 jdm programmer

Errm,

Did i miss the programmer name/type in your first message? What did you build? If you also want to program 16F877 and many more pics, you should try Epic! This is the best! Especially in 18Fxxx series.

Analyzer.

jdm programmer pic 16f628

Some different, if you want to program it, you must change somethings. see datasheet at https://www.microchip.com/
'find it.

pic 16f628 lvp

I have used the JDM programmer circuit with IC prog on the PIC16F628 and PIC16F84. Works most of the times. (sometimes the programmer refuses to work). But cheap and uses serial port

Worth mentioning that I didn't use LVP mode though. and I didn't do anything about the RB4 pin although it says it should be grounded. And it worked

You can edit your own post instead of post new one!

--
mw

programmer pic16c628

tinman said:
hello,

I found this programmer for the pic 16c628 can i program
16f628 chips with that one? or aren't these chips compatible?
And what exactly is the big difference between these two?

thnx in advance,

TINUZ

Hi

I changed over to the 16F628 from my designs with the 16F84. Well there are some things you have to change like to disable the comparator mode in your code if you not using them.

The other thing I tried in vain to get the 16F628 programmed correctly with my Picstart+. After chatting to uChip themselves I was told that you can't program the 16F628A on the 16C628A setting. At the end I had to buy the firmware upgrade for the Picstart+ and flashed the new operating system OS into it. After all this no problems anymore.

E

jdm pic16f628

I never heard of the PIC16c628 is it the same as the PIC16F628 but with EEPROM code memory instead of Flash?

is pic16f628 a programmable ic

Hi

If you use the 16F628 PIC MCU, you must be sure than PGB pin is grounded.....

I hope help you

Bye

buy 16f628.

I'm using epic,built with information from this board,works under xp and under win 98,is fast!!!keep the cable under 70 cm... u can use the beta software from the company that makes epic...btw,i found that epic works with ic prog,if you select "Tait serial programmer" and invert the last two signals on the hardware configuraton...the epic software is faster,and works without patches under xp,so why bother?...i tried bulding a jdm a couple of times ,and it never worked...i know many use that,but i don´t recomend it...my developer setup is Microcode,pic basic and epic..i started writing my own code a week ago,and i'm happy with the results so far...thanks to this board,since i'm a neanderthal of programming... :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back