Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

difference between operating frequency and frequency range

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinesh401

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can any one tell me the difference between operating frequency and frequency range ?

Frequency range is normally the Bandwidth, i.e. the 3db down points on the frequency response of any device.
This range shows the range of input frequencies for which the device will give considerable output.

Operating frequency is a particular frequency which is most preferred for operation, coz it gives the best output for the frequency. It can also be the peak point in the frequency response.

Experiments have shown that a healthy young person hears all sound frequencies from approximately 20 to 20,000 Hertz. (utnell, John D. and Kenneth W. Johnson. Physics. 4th ed. New York: Wiley, 1998: 466)
This is an AUDIBLE frequency RANGE for human ears.

The highest rate at which the modules perform iteratively and reliably.
Is the operating frequency of device.
(A very short term definitions)

A local AM radio station transmits on 702KHz. That's the operating frequency. It's the frequency I tune my radio to, to receive that station.

Because it's AM, the sidebands extend up to 5KHz on either side of that, so the bandwidth used by the station is 10KHz, from 697KHz to 707KHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back