Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Difference between multi power domain and multi voltage domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpsr

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi folks,

Can any one please tell me the exact difference between multi power domain and multi voltage domain. If possible explain with example

Regards
kpsr

for me:
power domain, means you could switch off/on the domain, you need isolators element between domains.
voltage domain, means you have a multiple voltage (different values) to supply the digital core, you need level translators between domains.

you could mix both techniques.

Reactions: kpsr

kpsr

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
What is voltage domain of a signal.. I know a signal has time and frequency domain but what is voltage domain and how is it different from time and frequency domain and also why do we need to represent a signal in time and frequency domain? In VCO based ADC is it described that the input voltage signal is converted to time domain to obtain timing information.. why do we need to convert voltage to time domain.. I wont the voltage(sin wave) itself have timing information... what is the difference??? could anyone please show me the images of the signal in all the 3 domains?

Last edited:

Voltage domain of a signal, For example:
A signal can be generated inside a chip (low vdd) through the chip's IO (higher vdd) and outside the chip through a PCB for instance (high voltage).
Another example can be that inside a single chip there are multiple power domain, and a signal can go between them.
So a single signal can have multiple power domains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back