Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Difference between LVDS and S-LVDS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bharatsmile2007

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sub lvds

Hi All,

Can any one tell me the difference between LVDS and Sub-LVDS?

Pls upload any document..if you have...

Thanks

sub-lvds

SubLVDS means lower voltage, 0.9 V common mode, if I understand right. You'll find a lot of documents at the internet.

sub-lvds specification

Thanks...FvM..

I have searching the net..but no luck....

if u have any Sub-LVDS documents...pls upload them...

Thanks again...

jesd8-13

There should be a follow-up spec to TIA/EIA PN-4584 respectively IEEE Std 1596, but I didn't see it yet. But you'll find a lot of documents mentioning the said operation parameters. I didn't go further into it, cause SubLVDS is beyond my field of interest yet.

sublvds specification vs lvds

Thanks for the info... FvM...

I will search for the specifications...

lvds source termination

The SLVS is what you are searching for. It was driven by Nokia for interchip, not interboard coms. It is double terminated, could be scaled simply by changing the supply voltage and have power consumption at the theoretical minimum if the source termination resistor are taken also into account. The common-mode rejection is lower than LVDS. Nearly all FPGA use vendor specific SLVS up to 9Gb/s.

JEDEC has recently completed work on another standard that has some of the same attributes of GLVDS. It is known as SLVS, which stands for "Scalable Low-Voltage Signaling for 400 mV" (JESD8-13) and was published in October 2001. This interface is terminated to ground, and has two options for drivers and receivers. Receivers can be either single-ended or differential, and drivers are either for point-to-point or multidrop applications. Data rates are in the 1-3 Gbps range but only over extremely short distances of less than 30 cm. This limits the interface to fast chip-to-chip connections only. Due to the 400 mV swing and ground reference, the power supply rail is only 0.8 V, thus the interface is compatible with low voltage cores found on sub-micron ASIC chips

www.jedec.org/download/search/JESD8-13.pdf

s-lvds slvs

Thank you for pointing to the standard. As I understood from my previous search, there are other, possibly vendor specific, Sub-LVDS level specifications beside SLVS-400.

Did you find what you are looking for? If not let me know. Recently I designed sub-LVDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back