Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[AVR] difference between Liquid crystal library and lcd_i2c library of Arduino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madhurakshi B S

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Good Sir/Madam,

Please let me the clear difference between Liquid crystal or lcd library and lcd_i2c library of Arduino. Use of which library is beneficial.

With Regards
Madhurakshi B S

Hi,

If we want to know this ... we had to read the documentation.
Please read the documwntation on your own.

And if we want to choose the right one for your application... we need to know your application requirements.

Please give more details.

Klaus

Good Morning Sir,

Which library is best suited to use in LCD or in LCD_I2C to program. Do the second library provide more functions for ease of using LCD.

With Regards
Madhurakshi B S

Good Morning Sir,

Which library is best suited to use in LCD or in LCD_I2C to program. Do the second library provide more functions for ease of using LCD.

With Regards
Madhurakshi B S

The latest version of LCD_Library of Arduino supports both 4-bit mode and I2C mode LCDs, if I am correct.

If not, then LCD_Library is for 4-bit LCD mode and for that you need RS, RW, EN, D4, D5, D6, D7 pins of LCDs to communicate.
For I2C_LCD_Library it uses I2C communication for I2C LCDs. There are backpacks available which convert common HD44780 / compatible LCDs to I2C LCDs and I2C LCDs use only 2-wires for communication and you have to connect I2C LCDs to SCL and SDA lines of Arduino in your case.

SCL = Serial Clock

and

SDA = Serial Data

If you have shortage of controller pins in your Arduino projects and need to use an LCD then you can go with I2C LCD or if you prefer simple way to communicate then also you can prefer I2C LCD with Arduino's I2C LCD Library.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back