Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

difference between DRC & DFM rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

anjali

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dfm rules

can anybody help me by explaining the differences b/w DRC & DFM rules.

dfm drc

DFM is one of the most used and abused buzzword today. This started when foundries where ramping up 0.13um production, many designs where hit with low yield problems. To improve yields, some design rules were modified. These design rules are sometimes referred to as DFM rules.
At the same time, CAD tool vendors started to write software that would help improve yield, or check for potential problems. They also market these tools under DFM.
There are also some design techniques that can help yield, such as memory redundancy and logic reconfiguration, which again may be thrown under the DFM world.

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
dfm rules asic

dr_dft, i feel DRCs are formed/generated by lib vendors based on manufacturability, like min / max via, distance b/w via & diffusion etc..

i'm not getting why yield gets reduced even if DRCs r met. please clarify.

time difference between drc and uk

This article may help you understand the issue beyond 130nm.

**broken link removed**

to be frank with you..the rejection ratio of chips are high when the Design rules arent meet. well.. i feel proto typing with a FPGA before actual implementation on ASIC would always help..

DFM is more appropriate.. perfecting and crafting is always evolving :))

with regards,
arun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back