Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] difference between dc analysis and bias point analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeinab.h

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dear all
when I am simulating using a parameter in pspice, the bias point values are different from that obtained with dc analysis (on the schematic), and the results using the dc are more realistic than that of bias point.
for example the gain of the op amp changes to kv, and thus the voltage is grater than the max circuit voltage, whereas, the gain in dc analysis is in volts less than the overall voltage.

my question is, what is the difference between those two values resulting from dc and bias point analysis on the schematic page? and can I proceed if the values of dc analysis are realistic?

thank you

How do you measure gain in volts?

Bias point and DC analysis are essentially the same, results are node voltages and current rather than gain values.

sorry I mean the output voltage of the op amp.
I am not having the same values bias and dc on schematic. is that because I am using parametric analysis?
thanks

Don't expect a useful answer without giving more problem details.

I am still waiting to now if the parameter is affecting the non similar values of bias pt and dc analysis
thaks

A dc analysis requires to vary either a dc voltage or any other dc relevant parameter. Please, specify your dc analysis.

my dc analysis is parametric rsensor

Status
Not open for further replies.