Not open for further replies.

syedshan

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I have a vendor specifc code for ADC and other peripherals.
Now using it I am understanding the flow.

the extension of the files are .cpp but the statements there are similar to C rather C++
i.e. printf() is used instead of cout;
no namespace.std defined... also other things which made me sure that it is a c-language code.
(pardon me but whatever I ask the vendors but response is quite late from there)

So it is a complete C- code. But while understangin I came to a point where the class is defined and I am really puzzled now. Since I have not seen or heard any one using class

Code:
 C4DSPBlast cBlast;
  cBlast.GetBlastInfo();

where C4DSPBlast cBlast;

and following code shows that C4DSPBlast is a class. Now, while debugging, I found that I am getting error at exactly this statement cBlast.GetBlastInfo();
but since I don't know the classes in C- I post it here since I am not getting any forward any further in debugging.

Code:
class C4DSPBlast
{
public:

//! empty constructor.
	C4DSPBlast(void);
	//! empty destructor.
	~C4DSPBlast(void);

//! Get BLAST information from the hardware(firmware). 
	/*!
	 * Read the BLAST information from an the PCI memory attached to the hardware device. This function populates internal class members with this information.
	 * @return  CBLAST_IO_ERROR_BLAST_INFO_RD, CBLAST_NO_DEV_TYPE or CBLAST_SUCCESS if no errors.
	 */
	int GetBlastInfo(void);

//! m_valBLASTRegister the standard BLAST information register.
	union { BLASTReg m_BLASTRegister; unsigned long m_val0; } m_valBLASTRegister;	

//! m_valBLASTRegisterExt the extended BLAST information register.
	union { BLASTReg m_BLASTRegisterExt; unsigned long m_val1; } m_valBLASTRegisterExt;

//! The whole BLAST information populated by GetBlastInfo() as a C data structure.
	struct BOARD m_cBoard;
};

Hi,

well classes are C++, not C. The only thing that is similar to (but very different from) C++ classes in C are structs. However, back to your question: which compiler are you using? And, aboveall, which error is shown to you by the compiler?

Cheers

Hmm...

Thank you for your reply.
Well I too think it was the same as you mentioned.
Well the pop-up screen appears as the program reaches that point. Indicating that your program is not performing Debug or close...typical windows 7 error.
I am using visual studio 2010

Bests,
Shan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…