Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Difference between analog and digital schematics

Status
Not open for further replies.

elmest

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello my question is what is the difference between analog and digital schematics except the signals and logic elements. I mean, how can I recognise the two types of schematics only by its elements and also how to recognise the transistor working mode(active, switch, generator)?

digital circuit is based on microcontroller ,microprocesser and gates but analog circuit is based on transister ,opm, and simple ic ,anolog circuit does not need any programming,but microcontroller needs programming

I'm not asking this I just ask how to analyse and recognise when you see digital or analog schematic and the relation between elements, and also analysing transistor modes.

Generalizing - circuits in which the transistors and other active devices are operated in mid-conduction states are usually analog. In digital circuits they are usually usually operated with no bias or in saturation to force two distinct voltage levels on their outputs. Visually, you will see in most digital circuits there are DC connections between all the elements, these will be direct or through resistors. In Analog circuits it is more usual to find capacitive coupling between stages or in feedback networks. Except for power supply filtering it is also unusual to see inductors used in digital systems.

There is no golden rule that makes a circuit one or the other, in fact many circuits use mixed analog and digital components.

Brian.

Thanks for the reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back