Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

difference between a testbench based on vera and vip

Status
Not open for further replies.

sansprint

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have write a iic testbench based on vera ,the next step is write a VIP, but i think there is not many difference between them ,can somebody tell me something?

hmm code wise not much difference. for vip u need the vip license file. Contact synopsys for details. A good vip should be capble of being plugged into any environment like vera/e/verilog/vhdl ...

sansprint

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
vivek said:
hmm code wise not much difference. for vip u need the vip license file. Contact synopsys for details. A good vip should be capble of being plugged into any environment like vera/e/verilog/vhdl ...

if i need the vip license means i use the vip developed by synopsys,but now i want to write a vip by myself,what do you think i need do?thank you very much!

I think you need a VIP for reference to verify the function of your module.
If you have no VIP, How can you ensure the correct function of you module?
You do can write a VIP by yourself, But it should be more convinient if you can get a VIP from synopsys.

Regards,
kleenex

sansprint
if i need the vip license means i use the vip developed by synopsys

If u want to convert your vera testbench to a vip, u need the vip license. This will enable you to convert the .vr files to .vrp files. these .vrp files are encrypted files. So your code is safe and cannot be viewed. You can use these .vrp files to verify your DUT. For running with these encrypted files u should specify a switch in vcs run time option.

sansprint

vivek said:
This will enable you to convert the .vr files to .vrp files. these .vrp files are encrypted files. So your code is safe and cannot be viewed. You can use these .vrp files to verify your DUT. For running with these encrypted files u should specify a switch in vcs run time option.

you means i can turn .vr files to .vrp files directly by vip license,these .vrp files are a vip? in this my old testbench must be very integrity,my old testbench ,i didn't add monitor ,self-checker,function coverage,did these must include?
and then ,how can i downlode vip license?
or can you give me your email?
thanks!!

contact ur synopsys sales guy or customer support regarding the license. dont know exactly how u get it. when u say 'vip' it should have everything, like scoreboard, data integrity checkers, self checking, monitors, functional coverage...
it is supposed to be a full fledged environment.

sansprint

vivek said:
when u say 'vip' it should have everything, like scoreboard, data integrity checkers, self checking, monitors, functional coverage...
it is supposed to be a full fledged environment.
oh ,yes,i think i have understand what's your mean,can you told me where can i find some paper for scoreboard ...these things, i have openvera's lrm ,there is not much things in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back