Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

difference between 1D and 2D fft

Status
Not open for further replies.

shan14

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I think 1D fft is related with signal procesing . 2D FFT is related with image processing
Does that mean we can process only audio input with 1D fft and we cannot apply image as Input to 1D fft ??
please clear this issue

thanks and regards

Image is a 2D signal so its better u use a 2D FFT. However images can also be applied to 1D filters but they would be filtered in only one direction and not in the other direction.

Hi

Thanks for reply
I want to know what would be the input to the 16 point 1D fft processor???
as it is 16 point FFT then does it mean the input is in the form of 4x4 ??
are inputs to the 1D fft processor are in matrix form ??? because i think the matrix form inputs are for 2D FFT

Thanks

well if ur using image signals in a hardware ckt like dsp or fpga..u stream image pixels(one dimensional data) like a raster scan and then use shift registers to do 2D filtering. I do not know what u mean by 16 pt 1D FFt processor.

Hi

I have to design 16 point FFT processor in VHDL . for that I am reading theory from various sources.
I have to implement it on FPGA. so while giving input what will I give as a input??

On the internet , in various papers I found that the input is generated from matlab code which are 16 values (as our input is 16 point) and then this is applied to the VHDL code. so my question is are these 16 input values are 1D array or we can also say that it is 4*4 form???

when you say 16 values..do u mean 16 bit?? yes whether its an image signal or a 1D signal u give them in a single dimensional that is as an array. but to process an image signal in fpga u have to use shift registers and taps to access them in both the directions.

Reactions: shan14

shan14

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hi

16 values each of 16 bit.

thanks it was very helpful..

Status
Not open for further replies.