Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

difference b/w laptop&N.B

Status
Not open for further replies.

halee awan

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
difference b w notebook and laptop

what is the difference b/w laptop & notebook
with copmlet detail

difference b/w notebook and laptop

As far as I know the two terms are somewhat interchangeable. From previous experiance the term Laptop is generally applied to physically big and heavy portable computers.

Notebooks on the otherhand are significantly thinner and lighter than a laptop. Also laptops used to be more powerfull but that seems to no longer be the case.

Either way it depends on who you are talking to as to what is considered a laptop and what a notebook. Many people still refer to a notebook as a laptop.

Hope this helps
Cheers
Slayer

halee awan

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
difference b/w laptop and notebook

There are likely no officially regconized and accepted definitions for these terms related to PCs, and they have been changing by time and habits of users.

About 10 years ago, I read on a magazine, they sorted the portable PCs as followings:
- subnotebook, or mininotebook - the portable PC that has the display of maximum 10 inches in diagonal.
- notebook - the term used for which has display of 11 to 14 inches.
- laptop - for which has display of larger than 14 inches.

However, practically, I never heard people saying the words "subnotebook", "mininotebook" (maybe due to too long word???), they used the word "notebook", or "PC" for related stuff. The word "laptop" is rarely used either.

But recently, people tent to use the term "laptop" for their portable PCs regardless how big they are, 13", 14" or 15", 17", etc. I guess the reasons maybe the larger-display notebooks nowadays become more cheaper and popular, and the word "laptop" is a bit easier to say than "notebook", tablet PCs appear to replace the subnotebooks.

Also, recently, I heard the term "desknote" from one Taiwanese PC manufacturer, it talks about its big portable desktop PCs, but I really do not think that this kind of PC and its term either will be more popular.

Some of my opinions.
nguyennam

what is difference b/w notebook and laptop?

Slayerza said:
As far as I know the two terms are somewhat interchangeable. From previous experiance the term Laptop is generally applied to physically big and heavy portable computers.

Notebooks on the otherhand are significantly thinner and lighter than a laptop. Also laptops used to be more powerfull but that seems to no longer be the case.

Either way it depends on who you are talking to as to what is considered a laptop and what a notebook. Many people still refer to a notebook as a laptop.

Hope this helps
Cheers
Slayer

okkkkkkk thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back