Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Died abnormally problem in HFSS 8.0.25

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamilia

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI
Do you know "died abnormally" message in executing Ansoft HFSS8.0.25 and ensemble 8.0 ? :cry:

environment in hfss

Make sure you are using the proper license. :D

hfss license error

HI
these software worked .I changed my cpu after it this problem have seen.

flexlm error -96 hfss

Did you change your Harddisk as well? I did an upgrade of my computer and had the same problem. The problem I think is that the hostid has been changed so the license file doesn't work anymore. Try reinstalling. I also face the same problem on the server. Even Ansoft cannot solve the problem so they gave us a stand-alone version as a temporary measure.

Cheers,
Element7k

REQ problem in HFSS

HI
I reinstaled these so many.but problem don't remove.

Hummm.. have u tried "reinstalling" sentinel.sys? Have u placed teh file
license.dat in the ansoft admin directory?

REQ problem in HFSS

HI
I reintalled sential driver and HFSS but problem was not removed.
:cry: :cry:

HFSS bug

The same nasty bug appears in 8.5 too. My personal observation is that it happens when the number of tetrahedra is over some value - say 20.000. This may have to do with swapping or memory - don't know yet. But what is worse is that one can continue the simulation with no problem. It is like a gambling. What I recommend if that occur is that you close the Ansoft, start it again and rerun the simulation.
The only other case I have seen a stable operation is under win 2000.
I am using XP.

The bug is nasty for it appears after long hours and when the problem gets bigger. That really pisses me off.:(
Hope it helps,

cheng

Re: REQ problem in HFSS

Now, I am confused. Does this message appear while running a simulation or does it appear when you start H/F/S/S or e/n/s/e/m/b/l/e?

I was wondering if the "gambling" situation has something to do with the environment settings. Is the environment setting exactly set like what a/n/s/o/f/t instructed? Maybe, another possibility is that there are errors on the ram.

So far H/F/S/S seem stable to me in all platforms. I'll like to know if you find out the cause. Meanwhile I'll have to label H/F/S/S as an SCSC technology. Sometimes Can Somethimes Cannot (SCSC) :p

Cheers,
Element7k

kamilia said:
HI
Do you know "died abnormally" message in executing Ansoft HFSS8.0.25 and ensemble 8.0 ? :cry:

REQ problem in HFSS

HI
The error message appear in start simulation in H/fss and Ense/mble.

is new lice/nce need?

thanks

Re: REQ problem in HFSS

It definitely sounds like a licence problem to me if it gives you the error right at the start. Has you licence expired? Is the date on your bios correct? If you change the date after a/ns/o/f/t installation it will not work. If all fails try asking for another copy.

Element7k

kamilia said:
HI
The error message appear in start simulation in H/fss and Ense/mble.

is new lice/nce need?

thanks

REQ problem in HFSS

HI
Must be install flexlm? is not installed by my lice/ence.
change bios date is not efficient.

HFSS bug

Hi pals,

I thought it was a discussion about the nasty bug occuring while simulation is ongoing. Sorry...

cheng

It is also possible that some .dll files for win98 is sitting on your NT/2000 (or vice versa) and not getting updated by the installer.

REQ problem in HFSS

HI
What is solution? can you help me?

thanks

try to reinstall your video card driver, I think it's card issue

HI
I reintalled windows.after unistalling matlab6.5 problem removed.

HI
before Changing my computer,I had P3V133 Asus mainboard.it has repleced with A7V8X-X ASUS .and no compability between MAtlab and Hffs
appeared.

I got this warnign a few times using HFSS 8.00, have no idea what was the reason but here are my observations:

1.If it happens before starting a simulation,
something is wrong with the license file. I re-installed the program and somehow it worked.

2. More often it appears during a long simulation with a very dense meshing. It is not so bad, as is you restart the simulation, old results are usually saved and you do not need to do it all over again.

Personally, I have not experienced :roll: any difference between Windows 2000 and XP

This is one of the un-explained error message in HFSS.
HFSS has all kind of error message that puzzles the users.
It is absolutely normal. Nothing to do with the license or installation. The only problem is error in problem setup.

After all, HFSS is written for the experts in @nsoft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back