Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Did anyone attend EUCAP 2011?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Element7k

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What are the highlights of EUCAP 2011? (European Conference of Antenna and Propagation)

Hi Element 7K,

To briefly describe it, EuCAP (European Conference on Antennas and Propagation) congress is the European equivalent of the American APS-URSI symposium (IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation and CNC/USNC/URSI Radio Science Meeting).

A complete description of the congress can be found in its web page: Welcome to Eucap 2011 — Eucap 2011

However, to advance you the main highlights you have the main topics and subtopics treated in the conference in the "call for papers" of the 2010 edition attached.

This year it has reached its 5th edition, held in Rome last week. I attended last EuCap (2010) which was held in Barcelona. I found it very well organized, with an enthusiastic atmosphere although the weather was not as good as promising considering it was held in Spain :-D. I had the opportunity of attending to the sessions of some of the most important researchers (Mittra, Wiesbeck, or even Balanis!). Also, there was a huge number of exhibitors (Ansoft, EADS, etc). If anyone has the opportunity of attending next year, I totally recommend it!

If you have access to the ieeexplore data base, the proceedings of EuCAP 2010 are available to look for abstracts of your interest.

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• EuCAP2010firstcall.pdf
    153.5 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Hi irena,

Yes, EuCAP in Barcelona was very interesting indeed. There was no mad dash to get to the presentation rooms like most APS events. Enjoyed the "clasico" lectures by Mittra, Wiesbeck and Balanis .

Personally (not everyone may agree) - in addition to the "clasico", it would be great to see highlights or exhibits of how the previous conferences has contributed to new technologies. Perhaps something similar to the Mobile world congress where some of the newest gadgets are on show - some of the killer apps arose from ideals mentioned in previous conferences.

I will have a trawl on ieeexplore for the papers.

Cheers - E7k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back