Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Diana needs help about NCS2001 amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diana

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
Can anyone help me on my little project herein. I'm using an rail-to-rail operational sub-1V amplifier
NCS2001SQ2T1 (ON Semiconductors), for ampifying very low (mono) audio signal from an old reciever. Ampifyer is powered by single 1,4 button cell. Earphones are on output.
Since I'm still a beginer in electronics (or complete retard :) :? , I don't know which pin on the
NCS2001SQ2T1 should I connect with bat-, bat+, ear1, ear2, input1 and input2 contacts. Because of very small gabarits needed (therefore I use button cell), it is desirable the whole circuit has as minimum aditional components (SMD resistors and capacitors) as possible, regardeles the sound quality.
No volume potentiometers also; I need maximum output power that NCS2001 can provide. Simple as that. But not for me !
Btw:Could I use 2 or 3 IC-s for aditional amplification ?
I would very apriciate a simple scetch if possible. Thx.

NCS2001 links:
https://www.onsemi.com/site/products/summary/0,4450,NCS2001,00.html
https://www.onsemi.com/pub/Collateral/NCS2001-D.PDF (127KB)

Hi!
I apply here two circuits that will do.The bridged one is more appropriate since there the need of large output capacitor is avoided.
Gain is R2/R1 for the normal stage and 2*R2/R1 (in this case 2*470k/100k=9.4) for the bridged one.However the gain should be less than 30 because of the limited open-loop gain of the opamp.
Sorry for the ugly picture but i prefer scribbling it to using a program to generate it :)

Thanks batdin, but cold it be more simpler, with less parts ? :roll:

NO PAIN,NO GAIN !
:wink:
You could have dispensed with most of the parts had you had dual-polarity power source.
In your case however removing whichever of the parts will make the circuit work deplorably.

What kind of earphones do you intend to use, mono or stereo and dynamic or crystal? If dynamic earphones give us impedance.
By the way, above circuits are correct. Generally, first circuit can deliver four times more power than second (important if you use dynamic earphones). Second circuit is suitable for crystal ones. In this case you can omit electrolytic capacitor on the output.

Mono earhone (single earphone of standard stereo ones), from my discman, with impendance of about 32 Ohm. I think they are dynamic.

Can you measure output voltage from receiver? It can be even .5Veff which is high enough that simple opamp follower can do the job.

Borber,
I can hardly hear the signal coming out of a receiver, with my earphones.
I hope the circuit Batdin suggested will work.
I'll let you know as soon as I build it. If you come up with somethin new in the meanwhile, do not hesitate to apply. Thaks a lot !

If you connect earphone (impedance is 32ohm) direct to receiver it can overload receiver because of it's low impedance and the sound you hear will be quiet. All depends of the output impedance of the receiver in a point you connect earphone. You must use low impedance output.
I suggested you to measure AC voltage at the point you intend to use to connect amplifier. For that purpose tune receiver to a station and use AC multimeter to estimate output voltage. After that you can make a choice of amplifier and its gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.