Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Diagram/layout for 3 phase failure detector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Famoshi

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Good day gents, I wouldn't mind if sm1 can help me with the schematic diagram for a 3 phase failure detector? I want to modify the one in my factory. Thanks.

Hi,

what "failure" do you want to detect?
* overvoltage
* undervoltage
* direction
* frequency
* some other?

Klaus

If a three phase motor is running and it looses a phase, it will actually generate 90% of the phase voltage back onto its feed (see rotary phase converters). So to build a loss of phase detector for a single or multiple motors is difficult. If there is a considerable non motor load on the three phases (lighting and heating. . ) Then it the motor(s) ability to generate 90% of the line volts fails, so the voltage falls. However if the faulty 3 phase is not removed rapidly the motor overload circuits will kick in and trip the motors off.
Frank

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.