Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DHCP ISSUE help me please.. anybody.. i have been facing..

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinevur

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
DHCP ISSUE

Hi all,

i need a quick help please.

i provide internet to other resident in same building. i use IP 3 Router (act as a DHCP sever for my client) all room has LAN cable connected to cisco switch and switch is then conneted to main IP 3 Router. i have total 10 floor and i placed 1 switch in each floor which got link from ground floor router (DHCP)

now my problem is, if any room connect router to the network, then other client above that get dhcp adress from his room. pls advice. if i can do anything on this.

DHCP ISSUE

Your question is not clear. Explain it with more info.

DHCP ISSUE

If someone use the wireless router.. and if he mistakenly plugin to the ethernet port instead of WAN port then it will release IP address (eg. in case of linksys) 192.168.1.X to other client as well.. is there any means to block this range of IP address in the swtich level itself .. i use Cisco 2960 which is connected to core switch.. .

DHCP ISSUE

First Solution is MAC Filtering.
Second Solution is to use VLANs.

DHCP ISSUE

hi thx for your answer..

can we run some command in the switch to block the dhcp range of 192.168.1.1 to 254 (cisco 2960 switch)

my dhcp server lease has the range of 10.71.0.2 to 10.71.0.254

so everytime when they plugin the cable coming form switch to their wireless router it start relese the ip in the range of 192....1.2 and other near cliet get the ip form this wireless router instead of my dhcp server..

now about mac filtering.. i cant becose this is repeated case and if i manage to filter one mac today then tomarrow other may use the router again.. and alos it difficult to foud out who uses that.. i have around 300 client....

thx in advance..

Re: DHCP ISSUE

By Creating Virtual Lans. You can seperate your network from other network. Then your DHCP will start releasing IP addresses to your clients. That means the other DHCP will be out of range from your clients. Both the network can work on same switch by creating VLANs.

Added after 13 minutes:

you can see a switch is supporting two networks.

sample_network.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.