Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DFT - How to do scan insertion if some part of netlist is already scan inserted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

circuitbravo

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a netlist which has some already scan inserted flops(not already inserted scan chains, just scan flops).

So how to do scan insertion for all by covering this already inserted scanned flops?

I'm using DFTAdvisor tool.
we use add_sub_chains to cover already inserted scan chains but how to do if you have just scan flops.

please help me.

Hello,

In synopsys, I know that there is a command set_dont_touch to not convert into scan flops during compilation.

thereafter you just need to do compile -scan to convert into scan flops.
e.g.

set_dont_touch {list already_scan_converted_flops}
compile -scan

After this, you have a netlist with all flops converted into scan flops.

Thereafter, you can proceed further for scan insertion in normal way.

Thanks & Regards,
Maulin Sheth

the tool does not detect that some flops are already a scan-flop?

Some times, it placed a scan flop structure for flops which are already scan flops. So it is better to use set_dont_touch for those flops during compile -scan.
Thereafter, during scan configuration and setting the dft structure, do not use set_dont_touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back