Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] DFT Compiler: Clock pin not active when scan clock is on

Status
Not open for further replies.

kungchuking

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The test_se signal is connected to the TE pin of my ICG cell. I already issued the command

set_dft_signal -view existing_dft -port test_se -type ScanEnable -active_state 1 -test_mode all

but the tool still treats the value of the test_se port as X.

1.png
2.png

Actually I set both existing and spec view. The following are constraints set on test_se
3.PNG
The existing_dft view is supposed to disable the clock-gating logic in scan-mode. But I don't know why it didn't work in this case?

existing_dft - means the connection of test_se already exist (before compile/insert_dft).

Thank you for your explanation. Now I know what existing_dft really means.

About the DRC error, it turns out that I had multiple test modes in my design. And I didn't specify one before running dft_drc. The problem was solved by issuing the command

current_test_mode INT_TEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back