Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

devices mismatch in LVS check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex_Zhan

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone, when I do LVS check in cadence, I find this problem in the picture. This layout can pass the DRC check, and I am sure the devices in the layout are the same as the ones in schematic.
Does anyone know the reason? Thank you deeply!
25.JPG

Like it says right up top, bad wiring.

Start probing layout nets attached to the device and
look for shorts, opens first. The problem may be at the
other end of the wire, not at the device named.

Alex_Zhan

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Like it says right up top, bad wiring.

Start probing layout nets attached to the device and
look for shorts, opens first. The problem may be at the
other end of the wire, not at the device named.

Thank you sincerely, it does help me.
I solved this problem by checking the labels of the ports which connect these transistors in the layout.

The LVS tool should give you a report of the mismatch. These reports are often very difficult to decipher, but in the context of a two transistor circuit, you should be able to figure out what it thinks the difference is. Alternatively, look directly at the netlists being generated from the layout and the schematic, which should either be available from the results viewer GUI, or by opening the run directory in the terminal and looking for some files ending with .cdl or .sp.

Alex_Zhan

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.