Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Device Support for MAX10 FPGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary36

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I recently installed quartus 17.0 lite version and wanted to target device 10M08SC324UBGA. To my surprise, software only supports dual supply version for this package. I could not find any info in the site or any forums. I thought all devices/packages were supported. any advice?

Download an older version of the tools that support the MAX10 part you are using. Vendors regularly end of life parts and those parts will no longer show up in their tools.

Haven't used Intel's parts since they were still Altera so I can't say if they have a web page that describes the device support for their tools, but both Xilinx and Microsemi both have tool device support information you can look up.

I don't understand the post. The correct device name is 10M08SCU324C8G, and it's supported by Quartus 17.1Lite.

The device with Vcore listed as "1.2V,1.5V" means that you can use this device with Vcore=1.2 or Vcore=1.5V. It does not mean that you have to provide two different voltages.

1. I am revisiting again to this question. I still have same problems as stated in #1. I downloaded max10 library separately,Viz. max10-17.0.0.595.qdz. Used Installer in quartus to update the device support. I could not locate the part number corresponding to 10M08SCU324C8G. Quartus says that it does not support this package. What could be the problem?

2. Second problem I recently encountered was that the device 10M08SCU324C8G is out of stock and my supplier asked if he could source 10M16SCU324C8G instead. I checked the altera datasheet migration plan and it states that it is possible to have drop in replacement. I wanted your advice on this

I didn't yet pay attention to the fact, that you are referring to an old Quartus version. 17.0 of May 2017 was the first version supporting MAX10. I'm still using Quartus 17.1 of November 2017 for Cyclone 10 and MAX 10 development, it's supporting the questioned devices. Most recent Quartus Lite version is 19.1, by the way.

Hi FvM

Can you please resolve my second question?

Your question is answered in the MAX10 device overview document, vertical migration paragraph. M02SC324 to M16SC324 are pin compatible. The best way to care for compatibility, also if devices have minor differences in pin functionality (no these), set up migration compatibility in the Quartus device selection and wire the pins according to generated pinout file.

Hi FvM

What do you mean by"set up migration compatibility in the Quartus device selection"?

A function in device setup

Migration.PNG

Thank you. Issues stands resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back