Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"device or resource busy. " Cadence simulation err

Status
Not open for further replies.

flamingo

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cadence device busy

am using a network enviroment in simulation, that is, all the user files are located in a fileserver, while the cadence main programme is located on another server.

There is no problem when I run the simulation first time, but when I want to simulation again icfb will tell me " *error* request.il asiiStart: error in start function, request withdrawn ("deleteFile" 0 t nil ("*error* deleteFile: device or resource busy" "/home/simulation/username/.../schematic/psf/.nfs0579700084d")).

The .nfs file can not be deleted in command line also. And the file can only be deleted or may disappeared automatically when the icfb was shut down. But this can not be a method:cry:.

By the way, We changed into the network mode not long ago, and there were no similar problems encountered before when we do the simulation at local server, that's mean that all the user file and cadence main programme are all located in a single server.

We judged maybe there are some problems in network configuration, like mount file. If anyone encounted simulation situation, pls help me, thanks a lot!!!

error request.il asiistart

Hi flamingo,

thats a known cadence problem. It is solved in IC5.1.41.500.3.54 and later releases. So you have to update your DFII.

Regards,
hqqh

flamingo

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: "device or resource busy. " Cadence simulation

hqqh said:
Hi flamingo,

thats a known cadence problem. It is solved in IC5.1.41.500.3.54 and later releases. So you have to update your DFII.

Regards,
hqqh

Thanks hqqh.
I checked the icfb version, ic5.10.41_USR3.27.30, to 2005. Is this version older than IC5.1.41.500.3.54?

Re: "device or resource busy. " Cadence simulation

Hi flamingo,

as I know IC5.1.41.500.3.54 is the last version before IC6 and it should be released 2007. There is a hotfix for IC5.1.41.500.3.54 that was released in 2008. So it seams that you have to update your version.

Regards,
hqqh

Status
Not open for further replies.