Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Device diver introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

andre_luis

Super Moderator
Staff member
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

Could anybody give me a link or document describing how to perform firsts steps in device driver development ?
I have a brief idea concerning fundamentals, but I don´t know how to start.

Note : I had installed 1830_USA_DDK.ISO, downloaded from Microsoft, but I don´t know how to operate and interact with VC++

Thans in advance,

+++

You don't specify which operating system you are working with... I downloaded something from micro$oft so I guess it is for windows... In this case you have lots of info in MSDN online.
The complexity of the device driver also depends on the type of hardware you are driving. There are sample code with the DDK that you can use. Of course it helps if you are familiar with Visual Studio... ;-)

Thanks

Well...I,m using Windows XP and the purpose is to operate interfacing with USB.
But, for while, I´m thinking about start learning with an easier interface, like paralel port. I have a good book on device driver, but it is for windows NT/2000, and I don´t know if it have too much changes on concepts.

And, despite lots of informations on MSDN website, it don´t explain step-by-step how to start in this world.

Regards,

+++

Status
Not open for further replies.