Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Developing parser and scaner in Visual Basic

Status
Not open for further replies.

snaider

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Parser and scaner

I want to make a compiler for a microprocessor I am doing in VHDL, a have the instruction set a I just want that the compiler take a txt file with the program , and give an another txt file with machine code. I think visual basic can make the interface part but it also can do the scaner part of the txt file and parser(do the grammar part) too.

Re: Parser and scaner

depends on the programming language
if youre making a C compiler, dont even start. the whole thing will be enormous
take a look at gcc source - huge

if youre doing ASM code, you could use visual basic for the convertion, and it should be relatively easy. you just need the datasheet for the target ic

Parser and scaner

What you need is lex and yacc. This is the normal way to do it. Bit of a learning curve though.

Re: Parser and scaner

Those table driven assembler are a good idea. Exist any who work with a windowns interface , not just DOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back