Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Developing and designing serializer and deserializer for SERDES?

Status
Not open for further replies.

surianova

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi!

I am design the SERDES system. Is it possible to develop serializer first before design the deserializer? Any problem in testing the serializer without the deserializer?

SERDES

No, there r modes of operation where they r working separetly. i think u can check the operation for each one alone then the two together , although if they wrok together u dont need to check each one alone

Re: SERDES

safwatonline said:
No, there r modes of operation where they r working separetly. i think u can check the operation for each one alone then the two together , although if they wrok together u dont need to check each one alone

what is the mode that it working alone and working together? any reference? thanks.

SERDES

as far as i know there r many modes of operation , like:
1- the Tx and the Rx are separate each working on a system.
2- there are testing modes called loop back where some parts of the SERDES are operated and others are not.
i think there was some modes where the whole TX and Rx are connected to each other and the i/p data are feeded to the Rx and compared to the o/p from the Tx.
other modes where the some parts of the system are operative and other are not , these depend on the system design and are for testing purposes.

u may refer to some of the data sheets for SERDES from broadcom , TI >>> i think sonet oc-48 was good

surianova

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back