Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

determine nodal voltages for the circuit - need explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicky

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
nodal voltages

hi dears,

kindly find the answer with complete solving procedure

v1= -145/8

v2 = 5/2

Re: nodal voltages

Hai,
Apply Source transformation theorem.The 5A and 3ohms &2 ohms are converted into single voltage source 25V ( 5A*3+2) in series with 5ohms(3+2).But the positive terminal connected to ground pin.
Similarly 2A and 4ohms are converted into single voltage source 8V( 2A*4ohm) in series with 4 ohm resistor.Now connect 15 ohms in between.
apply KVL now the V1 is -18.125V and V2 is 2.5V.
If you still feel problem i send picture tomorrow. But please try your self this, i should not tell every thing.

vicky

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

hi ahri,

thank you for your guidence until here kindly send me the complete I shall be very thankful to you.

hi dear,

kindly complete it for me because I am still unable to understand

Sorry for my delay, I was out of hometown.
I have attached the pdf file.

One thing you have to clear, that The V1 is calculated by adding 25V and V5ohms. Now current direction is anticlockwise so look the 25Volts it is a potential drop and voltage across 5 ohms it is a potential rise.(see the polarity on each device)
so V1= -25V + 6.875V =-18.125

OR.
You can calculate in the direction of current flow.
V1=8V+(-5.5V)+(-20.625V) =-18.125
Note: Potential drop is always taken as negative in sign.

Similarly V2=8V+(-5.5)=2.5V

Still feel problem contact me.

vicky

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

hi harri,

yes I have underrstand but tell me one thing that rather than to appy source transformation theorem we can do it in other way and also send me your any personal email adress because I need some more help which I think you can do fro me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back