Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] detection of removal of a USB flash drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

horace1

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have an application where I am using a PIC24 to switch a USB flash drive between the PIC USB input and a PC. The switching works without problems.
However, when the USB flash drive is switched thru to the PC I need to detect if it is removed, i.e. the PIC24 is not connected to USB D+ and D- signals.
I thought of looking at the power line to the flash drive to detect if power is being taken, e.g. useing a current sensor such as the LTC6101
Linear Technology - LTC6101 - High Voltage, High-Side Current Sense Amplifier in SOT-23

any ideas for a simpler solution? I don't need an accurate measure of current, all I need to detect if the flash drive is drawing power or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back