Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DETAILS OF INTERFACING ZIGBEE WITH ATmega32

Status
Not open for further replies.

anoop kr

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hai i am bigginer in zigbee.I want to interface my ATmega32 with zigbee module.Is there any special protocol that use for this.?.My zigbee module is XBee PRO that has the given details

RF data rate : 250kbps
Transmit power : 50mW.
Serial data interface : 3.3v CMOS UART
configuration method : API or AT commands
Frequency band : 2.4 GHz
Serial data rate : 1200-250kbps.
ADC inputs : 10-bit
Digital I/O : 8

Is there any interfacing circuit for this.Please help me:cry:

its just connecting to serial port and configuring the bauud rate properly. You dont need any interfacing as the module and your 8051 board will have MAX 232 in it. The zigbee module should have a MAX232. check if it is there or not. If it is there then directly you can connect.

it uses sci protocol(Serial Communication interface) for transferring and receiving data.
Xbee's transfer & receive the data serially , and follow the shivaram's post

Last edited:

you mean the UART communication pins (TXD , RXD).And i have to just connect these pins to the zigbee module directly? My zigbee module also has the same pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.