Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Desperately need help on this simple metronome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

herbrollins

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
First off,I'm new to this forum and have no idea about electronics what so ever.I can identify a light switch,a wall socket and maybe a resistor.I am completely out of my field on this.I would like to build a metronome, and have done quite a bit of searching on the net for a schematic.It seems there are quite a few out there but all are more complicated in function than I want.I don't need all the fancy stuff they are boastin' and I am not able to modify the circuits that I have found,but maybe with the help of the pros on this site,I could build this thing.If I get some positive response,I'll post exactly what I want to build.If you guys can help out a less than nubie that would be great!Thank you.

dear,
send it and you will find every one offers his best
good luck
and remeber very one was a begineer once

shafee

you must expose your needs and then we promise we will do our best to help you

Thanks muchly for the replies,here goes.The schematic I found I think is pretty close to what I want but I would like to remove the display and the noise maker part of it, leaving only a light.I want to have the whole thing controlled by "tapping" and part of this circuit does that, but how do I isolate only that part.
Maybe I'll describe exactaly what I'm looking for fist.A metronome that when tapped, reads the distance between the taps and flashes a light at that interval.I want this thing as small as possible and battery powered.This circuit does that and more,I just don't need the more.
Second problem!!How do I get the schematic into the computer and onto the post.I do know where it is on the net though.It's at www.sover.net/~snowleop/the band/pitchmet.pdf .Once again thanks in advance for any help on this.Herb.

Looks to me like this thing is way beyond anything I could I could do, because even if I could just cut the "wires" going to the stuff I don't need,I would still have to program the controller.I just don't have the time to learn how to do this the learning curve is just too big.Is there any body out there who would be interested in making this thing for me.I'm not looking to sell it or anything like that,it,s only for my sinister needs.I,ve checked the phone book in my area and made a few calls but was unable to find anyone who does this stuff, allthough I know they exsist.,If i have offended anyone or am asking an illegal question here, sorry.Herb

Status
Not open for further replies.