Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Desperate to reanimate my LPC2148

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beenaplaye

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Guys... I'm realy desperate to get my LPC2148 back online. After I blow in the freeRTOS code (see makefile), the LPC have memory problems. From what I presume from the gdb messages?
I also don't see any startup file there, that I normally use for my not RTOS applications.

I tried to flash it with an application that I 've just before, but it just don't want to program anymore through JTAG. I can't flash it with FLASH MAGIC because I don't have a serial line.

Also in the segger GDBServer I can't see the ARM core ID anymore. Before there was a valid number, now it's just all zero.

Please advice...

Attachments

• LPC2148gdb.png
    LPC2148gdb.png
    405 KB · Views: 83
  • DSCN2970.JPG
    DSCN2970.JPG
    207.4 KB · Views: 89
  • Makefile.txt
    5.8 KB · Views: 74

To you have anything sharing the JTAG pins, like P0.31?

I've heard of similar situations, unfortunately the only solution was to use FLASH Magic and totally erase all sectors of FLASH. Also make sure Code Protection is disabled.

BigDog

CPU is normally halted by the GDB server. So the application in Flash can't start running. But I can't understand why Flash sectors are not programmable anymore?

---------- Post added at 22:40 ---------- Previous post was at 22:07 ----------

I see my error now.
GDB server message:
ERROR: TCK (pin 9) low, but should be high. Please check target hardware.
ERROR: Could not connect to target.
Could it be that the application has set it high? My thinking was that the application couldn't reach the pins if JTAG halted the CPU?

What JTAG clock speed are you running? Have you tried lowering the frequency to the minimum?

BigDog

I was running it at 100KHz. Lowered it to 5 and 10 KHz, but the error stays.

Is the board DIY or a commercial development board?

Do you have the schematics? If so can you post or upload them?

BigDog

A note: This board has worked before with example applications designed in embOS.

Attachments

• LPC213x4xPA.pdf
    78.6 KB · Views: 87

And then I flashed it with this demo software, A freeRTOS framework included all peripheral drivers. When I run it, the device resetted itself and tried to enumerat it as a mass storage device. Indeed I compiled all the drivers for that.

It's maybe even possible I overwrite the serial bootloader? Or is this section write protected? I can't check because I don't have the ICP circuit.

Attachments

• LPC2148_Demo_latest.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 57

I got it, just pull pin 0.14 low as you reset the controller. Erase the first blocks of flash so the app. can't start and then jtag is back online. :)

I got it, just pull pin 0.14 low as you reset the controller. Erase the first blocks of flash so the app. can't start and then jtag is back online. :)

I appreciate you posting your solution. I will make note of it for future posted issues and threads. I'm curious as to whether this is an issue with just GDBserver, as I have not encountered this problem with J-Flash.

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back