Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

designinng a microstrip rectangular patch antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

menz

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
rectangular microstrip patch antenna

[/b]plz help me out how to design a microstrip rectangular patch antenna in HFSS 10...
i dont know wat is the mesh operation??can anyboddy give me da link about tutorial..
im too much worried plzzz help me out..:cry:

microstrip rectangular patch antenna

Search for hfss tutorial in this forum u'll find a lot.
few

rectangular microstrip patch antenna design

but i dnt have much points to download dis file...:cry:
wat 2 do now..

rectangular patch microstrip antenna

this link is broken..plz help me i have only 2 more dayz..:cry:

rectangular grid of microstrip patch antenna

ma project is actually this is..i dont know how can to give co axial feed..as there are no formulae available..

meshing tutorials for triangular antenna

plz tell me sumthing about dis..:cry:

example of a rectangular microstrip patch antenna

This example shows coaxial feeding of patch antenna.

antenna patch guide

thnx

rectangular patch antenna

Go to

https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/loadFile.do?objectId=16077&objectType=FILE

or search Google for "Sonnet Matlab"

If you have Matlab and download the free version of SonnetLite (www.sonnetsoftware.com) and download the Matlab software at the above link, you just type in center frequency and input impedance at the center frequency and the patch antenna is automatically designed ffor you. The Matlab script automatically runs all the SonnetLite analyzes needed to zero in on the correct design. Correct meshing is selected by the Matlab script.

You really do not need to go to the complexity of 3-D volume meshing code to do a simple planar antenna. In addition, any planar code will give a faster and more accurate answer for just about any planar circuit. And for your case, the planar EM code is free.

compact rectangular microstrip patch antenna

menz said:
[/b]plz help me out how to design a microstrip rectangular patch antenna in HFSS 10...
i dont know wat is the mesh operation??can anyboddy give me da link about tutorial..
im too much worried plzzz help me out..:cry:
You could download the HFSS_10 tutorial guide by using some P2P tools such as eMule. There is a detailed example of creating and simulating rectangular patch antenna in this guide.

rectangular patch of microstrip antenna

i have designed a patch antenna at 10 ghz but result is coming on 14 ghz.i dont know what is the prob..

Added after 3 minutes:

how can i verify that dominont mode exist at resonnnat freq?/

matlab codes microstrip patch antenna

menz said:
i have designed a patch antenna at 10 ghz but result is coming on 14 ghz.i dont know what is the prob..

Added after 3 minutes:

how can i verify that dominont mode exist at resonnnat freq?/
You should check the procedure of your design. Maybe, something wrong?!?!

designing microstrip rectangular patch antenna

hi
this book has very example of HFSS 10
**broken link removed**

microstrip patch antenna dimension

Hi,
I ve attached a few simulations of patch antenna

hfss10_full_book.html

hello ,
my problem is same as his(menz)
can any one help me in finding equations on microstrip patch designing..so that i can write MATLAB programs on them

srikanth805 said:
can any one help me in finding equations on microstrip patch designing..so that i can write MATLAB programs on them
Did you try the link provided by rautio's post? I believe this uses closed-form equations to come up with patch antenna dimensions. It then generates sonnet files that you can use or ignore, your choice. But you should be able to find the equations you need from the .m files (maybe the file called "FindDims.m"?). I haven't look inside these files, so if they aren't what you need, then post again.

This is a paper which has a detailed procedure of designing a rectangular microstrip patch antenna. Enjoy it, guys!
----
This file has been posted! :D See here:

hi menz

i think this will help u out:D:D:D:D:D

menz

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back