Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Designing X-Band LNA in ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

fizi

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am designing lna with ADS,i have problems since i cann't get tor NFmin the company has mentioned.nither the Sopt.
also i have some problems with matching network . i need a tutorial.any suggestion?
thanks

X-Band LNA

There is a lot of LNA book in this forum

Re: X-Band LNA

Hello,

Take a look to the following link:
www.rfic.co.uk
You should find some tutorials related to LNA.
Hope this helps.

regards.

X-Band LNA

if the company u use thier transistor, didn't mention the NFmin , and the Sopt , u need to measure them in ur company

khouly

X-Band LNA

there are many book,for example "the microwave transistor amplifier design"

see tutorial on this link posted by BOY.

This will help you in design
Abhishekabs

If you need to design LNA with optimal noise matching (with gamma-optimal) you need to know noise S-parameters for chosen active device. It can be found at the end of S-parameter file. You have to know such information in order to do optimal noise matching.

There are a few words of precaution. Optimal noise matching sometimes can improve the noise figure. This is the true. But with today’s well designed active RF devices it is often not necessary to do. You need to check what mismatch loss you will get with optimal matching versus conjugated matching. Often this loss is bigger than noise figure improvement from optimal matching and therefore such matching is meaningless. And is wider your bandwidth as harder to get optimal noise matching, and as more negative effects from implementation loss.

Next question is about RF system design: is it really shows that such a high noise figure (that requires optimal matching) is necessary? Often external problems (such as real noise picture) and system linearity are limiting actual noise performance so hard that there is no sense to struggle with optimal noise matching.

Best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back