Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Designing SSRAM based queue with different clock rate at I/O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerox100

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Fifo

Dear my friends,
I want to design a ssram based queue with diffrent clock rate at input and output. I test some idea but these are not good. I need some stuff.
Thanks,

I used, for similar applications a circular queue, so if you need you can overwrite the unreaded old data.

Lollo

Would you please describe the idea more? Does your fifo use an on chip memory, or your memory is a sepatate memory component out of the chip? Then you have to find good dual port memories.
any how the main idea for an asynchronous fifo is simple. you can find the needed material by a simple search. there is always a read controller, a write controller, a dual port memory, and two clock synchronization circuits. The design is simple and easy to understand.

mami_hacky said:
Would you please describe the idea more? Does your fifo use an on chip memory, or your memory is a sepatate memory component out of the chip? Then you have to find good dual port memories.
any how the main idea for an asynchronous fifo is simple. you can find the needed material by a simple search. there is always a read controller, a write controller, a dual port memory, and two clock synchronization circuits. The design is simple and easy to understand.

I want to build it on FPGA and i want to use dual port bram as on chip memory (fifo width = 8bit, length = 64byte). I need some status signal like empty and full. I prefer synchronous fifo with dual clock rate at ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back