Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

designing of SRR - designing method file or tutorial needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

M MAHENDRA BABU

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
designing of SRR

hi....

how to design SRR.......
if any body know designing method plz help me....
send file or tutorial..........
plz help me.....
i don't know how to design in HFSS........

Re: designing of SRR

Hi,

Its very easy. You can first use the eaquations in the references below then optimize the dimensions using HFSS or CST.

1) J. B. Pendry, A. J. Holden, D. J. Robbins, and W. J. Stewart, Member, IEEE, "Magnetism from Conductors and Enhanced Nonlinear Phenomena"

2) Metamaterials: Physics and Engineering Explorations. Nader Engheta (Editor), Richard W

Re: designing of SRR

Hello MAHENDRA BABU,

I suggest you to use Sonnet or AWR Microwave Office for SRR design & Analysis

Here is nice article on SRR using Sonnet

A novel bandpass filter based on complementary split rings resonators and substrate integrated waveguide
Wenquan Che *, Chao Li, Kuan Deng, Lisheng Yang
Department of Electrical Engineering, Nanjing University of Science & Technology, 210094 Nanjing, China

email: Wenquan Che (yeeren_che@yahoo.com.cn)

*Correspondence to Wenquan Che, Department of Electrical Engineering, Nanjing University of Science & Technology, 210094 Nanjing, China

Funded by:
National Key Laboratory Foundation of China; Grant Number: 9140C5306010707
National Science Foundation of China; Grant Number: 60471025

Keywords
bandpass filter • substrate integrated rectangular waveguide (SIW) • complementary split rings resonators (CSRRs)

Abstract
One novel bandpass filter implemented with combination of two different structures-complementary split rings resonators (CSRRs) and substrate integrated waveguide (SIW) is proposed in this article. Several CSRRs are etched on the surface of SIW to form the stopband with very sharp rejection. One prototype was fabricated, the measured results indicate 30% passband (at -15 dB return loss), the rejection band ranges from 6.4 GHz to 7.8 GHz, about 20% bandwidth at -20 dB rejection, the maximum rejection even reaches 50 dB. The rejection skirt is very sharp, only 18 MHz. © 2008 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. Microwave Opt Technol Lett 50: 699-701, 2008; Published online in Wiley InterScience (www.interscience.wiley.com). DOI 10.1002/mop.23182
**broken link removed**

Also see the post for details on SRR...

---manju---

Reactions: rgwtt

rgwtt

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back