Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Designing octagonal inductor in ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardolphinaries

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I heard that when design an octagonal inductor in ADS, one can first generate the coordinates in matlab and save to a file, then ADS can read this file automatically in layout to drawn the inductor. Is that ture?

Thank so much.

Octagonal Inductor

In fact, GDSII file consists of many coordinates within its format.You can create a script file to export into ADS as GDSII.
Another option is to create parametric component in "Design Kit" option in ADS.
Or, if you request some help from Agilent, they can send some design kit which is used to create different types of inductors..

Re: Octagonal Inductor

Thank you very much.:)
For the first situation, could you tell me how can I generate a GDSII file? seems it is some kind of binary file.

For designkits. Currently I don't have any designkits. But you said that I can request some designkits from Agilent, is it free or not, usually.
Thanks.

Re: Octagonal Inductor

Beardolphinaries said:
Thank you very much.:)
For the first situation, could you tell me how can I generate a GDSII file? seems it is some kind of binary file.

For designkits. Currently I don't have any designkits. But you said that I can request some designkits from Agilent, is it free or not, usually.
Thanks.

yes, GDSII is a kind of binary file..
If you have Cadence Virtuoso Layout designer, it's so simple.Create your design and transfer by "export/stream out" tool in it..
In addition to, you can also create your shapes by utilizing Autocad.With a proper conversion program ( you may find in internet too) .dwg can be transferred into GDSII.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back