Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

designing long digital matrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

rishi254

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Sir

I have a project to log the keypresses from an hall of 60m X 50m area. There are around 500 switches in this area(actually there r 500 users sitting in this hall, each table has one toggle switch,reset switch).

Tables are arranged as 10cols X 50 rows.

I was thinking for a simple matrix logic as its extremely simple and would be cost effective in terms of cabling costs as well as other hardware required.

I have a requirement of running 60 m cables with ttl signals.Is it possible with using BUS Buffers/transreceivers?

ON the computer end i will use 60 bit digital I/O board and write the software which will scan rows and columns continuosly.

Will be feasible or there is any better alternative...

Please , can u suggest me on this.

Thanks alot
Best Regards
Rishi Bhanot

Its better to make a distruibted system. You will to put a MCU near part of the switches and scan this switches and communicate with the different avilable MCUs by RS485.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back