Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Designing Biasing voltage circuit with PMOS and NMOS for biasing purpose

Status
Not open for further replies.

ansonyeap

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,

Can anyone help me on how to select a proper biasing voltage and design the required biasing circuit to bias example cascoded current mirror to operate in saturation region even the power supply vary?

Or any suggestion on where can i find the related information?

Thank you

Hello Dominik...

Thank you for the reply. May I know how to generate the required current with just using PMOS and NMOS without resistor.

I search through the net and come across some current generation circuit with jst a few PMOS and NMOS connected in series with some of the NMOS gate connected in diode connected configuration and some PMOS gate connected to the GND. when the power supply is supplied, a current will flow through.

But I does not understand how to design the above circuit. Any advice or other circuit that I can refer to ? thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.