Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Designing an EcoSmart Bulb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ljiridan

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey guys,
Im a little bit in trouble with my project work.
Im asked to design an eco-smart bulb with E-27 base,main priority is minimum energy consumption.

input is 85-265V AC, 50/60 Hz. Light output should be greater then 900 lumens.

specifications are these...but i really dont know how to do this.I'll be glad if someone can help me,at least giving an idea where to start .

1. Mentioned What features or Specification u select to make bulb as Eco smart Bulb
2. How much standalone & working current consider
3. What component use as Bulb means filament or LED
4. You can Consider ROHS component as one specification for this bulb
5. What is power source means AC or DC supply

Regards
Golden Electronics

Thank you for your responce.

There is no any other specifications mentioned in the project neither any current consideration.I think i can use filament or LED as they both fit in E-27 base.Power supply will be AC.Btw i dont know what ROHS component is.

sorry for my inadequate knowledge.

Dont forget to check electrical noise regulations.
It may be worth checking:
I dont know if this is true or not (i just came across it) but I remember reading somewhere that EU electrical noise regulations were "reduced" because
manufacturers couldn't make these things to meet the existing levels without large costs.
On a personal note - please make a white one not a yellow one ;-)

How dedicated of circuitry are you willing to work with?

Does it have to be 100% custom from the input to the final stage lighting device/s or can it be a hybrid like using a off the shelf compact SMPS to bring the 85 - 265 VAC 50/60 hz input down to a stable DC voltage like say 12 - 36 volts that then powers the lighting components?

BTW if you are looking for high efficiency lighting that is not LED based you may want to do a bit of studying up on Induction lights and how they work if you havn't already.

Is this supposed to work on 85 to 265 VAC without a range switch?

No it won't use a ranhed switch.Input will be between 85 and 265 V Ac.

BTW guys,i thought i could use a full-wave rectifer with a center tapped transformer on it to light up my bulb.What you think?Do i have to use LED Driver if I use LED ?

If you are using LED lights then it is better to run them off a constant current supply rather than a constant voltage supply. If you use a constant current supply you do not need a series resistor which would waste energy heating the resistor.
I notice that it is called an ecosmart light. How smart does it need to be? Does it need to switch off when there is no one in the room for example or perhaps if it was really smart it could adjust its own brightness in relation to the other sources of light in the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.