Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Designing a homemade PC oscilloscope circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinatra

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all.
Does anybody arround know about any simple, easy to build osciloscope circuit that can be interfaced to a pc (serial or parallel ports)? A homemade sampling head (not real time) would already be usefull....
My old osciloscope just stoped working and I would like to build something reasonable that could replyce it :D
Thanks to all.
S.

soundcard scope

Hi
Check att 123.bitscope.com
132.ucl.ac.uk/~ucapwas/homepage.html
h//p://members.ozemail.com.au/~dljones/projects.htm

pc scope sound card

Hello!

Above links are dead ?!? I searched with Google and found

https://www.bitscope.com/

witch is alive. The best of luck with building this complicate device (complicate atleast for me) :-?

Regards,

home made pc scope

Hello

I don`t know if I help you with this, but, if you have a sound card on your PC you should use the input of the sound card. You`ll have at least about 40kHz sampling rate osciloscope (depending on the type of the sond card). For display the input signal, look on the net there are plenty of these programs.

By, Borut

pcscope soundcard

Check out epe (everyday practical electronics) website, they have produced such scopes in their recent issues.

Bagster

simple scope pc

Try this one http://www.dsoworld.co.uk/. It is extremely cheap, powerfull and fast. The only thing it lacks is Input signal level selector but I guess that could easily be made with some resistor networks.

scope sound card

lightsider said:
Try this one http://www.dsoworld.co.uk/. It is extremely cheap, powerfull and fast. The only thing it lacks is Input signal level selector but I guess that could easily be made with some resistor networks.

I get "HTTP 500 - Internal server error" on the suplied page ???

Regards,

Last edited by a moderator:

pc scope circuit

Hi Rostfrei and others

the links in the previous posts seem to work. You have to edit the link first, you cannot press the posted link and get to the site directly.
Check the bitscope site again because they anounce some new hw/sw projects. The ongoing development of the BS was the reason why choose it instead of the cheapre ones on other HP.

sound card scope

Hello x 8)

I know I have to edit link first (copy & pase in new window :)), but I still get 500 error.

Thanx anyway !

Regards,

soundcard pc scope

I know very cheap and simple device. There could only some resistors and soft on PC.
h#ttp://h#ome.w#xs.nl/~m.f.ha#jer

pc scope home made

i would also suggest using a soundcard (they have verry good ADC´s)
if you need higher sampling rates it hill be expensive !!

homemade pc-scope

Welleman has some nice kits for thos purpuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back