Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

designing a 2.4 GHz p to p link

Status
Not open for further replies.

guess_me

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to design a 2.4 Ghz point to point link that can

1. have data rate of approx 8 to 10 Mbps
2. work at 10 km

pls help me any thing regarding RF transciever design for this.

Hi,

I want to design a 2.4 Ghz point to point link that can

1. have data rate of approx 8 to 10 Mbps
2. work at 10 km

pls help me any thing regarding RF transciever design for this.

8 to 10 mbps is never possible..maximum u can get 2 mbps....we are talking about 2.4 ghz not uhf or something like that...so only max of 2 mbps can be obtained...

8 to 10 mbps is never possible..maximum u can get 2 mbps....we are talking about 2.4 ghz not uhf or something like that...so only max of 2 mbps can be obtained...

Do you mean at UHF you can get higher datarate then 2.4GHz ? My understanding is that at higher frequency, the datarate can be higher.

Yes, it's possible, nth is impossible. Max 2Mb/s is for mobile telecomm, not for microwave point to point.
Assume 128QAM, so for 10Mb/s, the needed bandwidth is 10Mb/s / 7b/s/hz=1.5MHz. So it's possible at 2.4Ghz.
The modulation is determined by the modem (Or indoor unit IDU).
You should do link budget, say max output RF power is +20dBm, you should find antenna gain, etc.
It's a system, you should provide more infos, such as modulation plan, that determine IM3 etc.

sorry about that wrong information i gave...the 2.4 ghz transcievers i foung in internet will all limited to data rates of 2 mbps or less..i didnt get any thing greater than that...
perhaps there might be latest models that do different king of modulation that will be capable of data rates >3 mbps...

take care

---------- Post added at 22:07 ---------- Previous post was at 22:04 ----------

sorry about that wrong information i gave...the 2.4 ghz transcievers i foung in internet will all limited to data rates of 2 mbps or less..i didnt get any thing greater than that...
perhaps there might be latest models that do different king of modulation that will be capable of data rates >3 mbps...

take care

---------- Post added at 22:09 ---------- Previous post was at 22:07 ----------

take care

fro microwave, RF=LO+IF, so don't need 2.4GHz transcievers, say IF=350MHz, LO=2400-350=2050MHz.

You can use multiply 2.4GHz transcievers for increase data rate. 10 km only with directional antennas

---------- Post added at 05:55 ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 ----------

Wi-Fi, for example, working on 2.4 GHz and allow 54 mbps data rate..
Troubles only with distance, 10km is too long for ISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back