Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Designing 0-30V power supply using LM723

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhi_yi

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there, please help me, i tried to make a power supply using LM723 which its voltage "should" be adjustable from 0-30V/2A. I get the circuit schematic from internet, but after i make it on the breadboard, the results which i get is differ from what is says on the tutorial. I get 3V instead of 0V as the minimum voltage. please help me with a tutorial or a schematic that use LM723 and with voltage vary from 0 to 30V. Thank you

723 2n3055

To achieve voltages as low as 0V with 723 regulator you need to introduce small negative voltage reference ..
If you supply 723 of, say, -3V (regulated) and +35V (can be unregulated), the output can be controlled in the range you are after, that is from 0V to 30V ..

Here is one example ..
**broken link removed**
See how R1-D8 deliver additional negative (regulated) voltage ..

Regards,
IanP

power supply 723

Regulator 0-30V 2A by IC 723 & 2N3055

**broken link removed**

Regulator 0-50V 2A by IC LM723 + Transistor 2N3055 & BD140 & A671

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.