Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design tips for IR2110 and gate selection paper

Status
Not open for further replies.

seyyah

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
- I think i can't use this driver with an 380Vac rectified application which is greater than 537Vdc, right?
- In this driver, should Vss and com pins be common or can they connected seperately?
- I can use 5V for Vdd, so i can directly connect it to a µcontroller but there is no isolation, right? Are there any product to drive half bridge igbt which provides isolation like an optocoupler but not a transformer?
- Is there anything that i must care, looking at this typical connection? or must i add something to provide better, stable and secure driving?
- Which manufacturers have solutions similar to ir2110 to drive 600V igbt?

Attachments

• ir2110_connection_552.gif
    ir2110_connection_552.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 499

ir2110 transformer

Hi

see this link :
https://www.edn.com/archives/1995/081795/17di5.htm

note also that there is a switcing margain for the ir2110 "10% duty cycle "

attached :
1-gate resistor selection
2-design tips for undershoot

i wish it will help u

best regards

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
ir2110 design tip

I'm tired of strange errors. Everything seems ok but the circuit doesn't work. This time I only changed the board which i use for prototyping and everthing worked without problem. After i just solved everthing and get prepared to continue my work, icd2 and pic which have no problem for a long time, got me in to the trouble suddenly without an obvious reason. Anyway i'm tired and i'm giving up for now...

ir2110

Mind to share how do you size the boostrap capacitor?

Re: ir2110

HI all

the bootstrap capacitor must be more than .1 micro .
see
"Bootstrap Component Selection For Control IC’s"

DT 98-2.pdf

best regards
hindi

Re: ir2110

Hi all

use 74245 or 74244 buffer ,is there any problem in using this buffer for isolation ?
i don't see any problem .

salam
hindi

ir2110

I really don't kown what you problem is?
But I think if you treat with the scheduling correctly,
There will be no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back