Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

design temperature sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelvini

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
any suggestion on how to design a temperature sensor using ADC, lm35 n microcontroller....

LM35 is a sensor itself, connect to the ADC input pin of your microcontroller, output is 10mV/C

Give the inputs of LM35 to an ADC ar any microcontroller with inbuilt ADC. If u r giving the input to any external adc, give the pulse from IC555 to its clock i/p.

You can use DS18S20 digital termo. it's cool with memory, alarm, and single wire interface.

Try it

see this

h**p://roboticsforyou.blogspot.com/2008/02/pic16f877a-video-tutorial-c-program.html

what components i can add on if i wanna use four 7segments as output?
seems like i'm running out of ports....

designing a temperature sensor is some thing different....dont you think so :)

kelvini said:
any suggestion on how to design a temperature sensor using ADC, lm35 n microcontroller....

I would suggest you to use an OPAMP to condition the sensor to the scale to which the ADC responds and then interface it .

Ts

Trishool said:
kelvini said:

I would suggest you to use an OPAMP to condition the sensor to the scale to which the ADC responds and then interface it .

Ts
another option:
u can also use voltage divider network for this purpose :D

abbas1707 said:
Trishool said:
kelvini said:

Ts
another option:
u can also use voltage divider network for this purpose :D

Since the O/p of the sensor is too small we cant chop it down anyfurther.

Regards/
Ts

Status
Not open for further replies.