Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

design single-ended opamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

electim2004

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
please guide me to design opamp:
single-ended opamp

Adc>80db

Fu>=160Mhz

PM>=70deg

output voltage swing>=1.8vp-p

Vdd=2.5V

Pdiss<=5mw

L=.25U

WHAT IS PROJECT PLAN?
w1,...=?
Cc=?
please guide me.

there is a design procedure from P. Allen's book, try to find and follow it. It's not difficult

use gain boosting structre

i am doubtful whether simple two stage class-A opamp can provide 160MHz UGB.please clear me if i am wrong.i thing we have to choose the folded cascode opamp for 160MHz ugb.

I think it may be the single stage fold-cascode amplifer with the gain-boost technique.
For the .25 mico technology, the bandwidth of two stage amplifier may be attained if offset is not dominant parameter with all minimum length design.

Use an OTA or so-called 2-stage CMOS Op-amp. The internal feedback is the key to push the linear bandwidth to 160 MHz, by means of gain boost in the gain stage.

you can refer to Allen's book

i think 160MHz is accessable in 0.25 tech

hehe

i have doubt about D.C gain of 80 dB, other things are achievable.u can use folded cascode opamp for ur design. see allen-holberg.
thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back