Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

design robotic arm using stepper motor and gears

Status
Not open for further replies.

anasfuad33eng

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi, all i designed a two degree of freedom robotic arm by using 2 stepper motors: unipolar, 1.8 degree for elbow joint i used worm gear, and a timing belt
i test my stepper motors with out loads work good if i want rotate my stepper motor at angle of 90 deg, i need 50 pulses (i use 4 sequence, full step mode) but when i use the worm gears in design of my robotic arm i found if i want to make the robotic arm move at an angle of 90 need more than 500 pulses in other word the number of required pulses increased more than ten times is this because of using worm gears? are the worm gears reduce the rotation angles? please help with details

My guess would be that your motors don't supply a lot of torque. How heavy are your gears? Stepper motors, if I recall, have different torques for different speeds, as well, so that could also factor into your perceived effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back